• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
theplateaujournal
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
theplateaujournal
No Result
View All Result
Home Uncategorized

Over 1m candidates sit 2023 SSCE – NECO Registrar Prof Dantani Wushishi

ThePlateauJournal by ThePlateauJournal
August 4, 2023
in Uncategorized
0
Over 1m candidates sit 2023 SSCE – NECO Registrar Prof Dantani Wushishi
0
SHARES
17
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twittershare on Whatsapp

 

By Golok Nanmwa,Jos

National Examination Council has said one million 205,000, 888 candidates registered and will sit the ongoing 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination.

The Registrar of NECO, Prof. Dantani Wushishi made this known in Jos, the Plateau State capital on Friday in a chat with newsmen while monitoring the conduct of the examination in some Schools.

He added that 601,074 of the registered candidates are male while 584,814 are female.

The NECO boss said he is satisfied with the general conduct of the 2023 SSCE based on reports obtained from across the country.

“The Registrar said the 2023 SSCE which would be concluded next week is the best organized in recent years.

Prof. Wushishi disclosed that various measures were put in place to check examination malpractice, adding that the measures have started yielding positive results.”

According to him, ” We have created awareness against examination malpractice by holding workshops and sponsoring jingles through the media. Our internal monitors are across the country and would submit detailed reports on malpractices.

“So we are not leaving anything to chance as the malpractices commission set up by NECO would handle that.”

He said the economic challenges current troubling the nation has slightly affected the number of students that registered for the exercise this year.

“The Registrar who monitored the examination at Airforce Military School; King and Queens Academy and Emmanuel International College, all in Jos, expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the examination in these schools,” added the statement.

He attributed the drop in registration to the inability of state governments to register more candidates as is often the case, due to the economic challenges been witnessed around the country.

He said “Some states are indebted to NECO, but they are responding positively on that. As at last year, the amount of money being owed was N3.3 Billion, but there is considerable response in their part.”

Previous Post

Plateau Government seeks support of air force to tackle insecurity in the state

Next Post

National coordinator APC  Women Special force Juliana Aliyu congratulates Lalong on his screening, nomination as Minister 

ThePlateauJournal

ThePlateauJournal

Next Post
National coordinator APC  Women Special force Juliana Aliyu congratulates Lalong on his screening, nomination as Minister 

National coordinator APC  Women Special force Juliana Aliyu congratulates Lalong on his screening, nomination as Minister 

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2023 ThePlateauJournal - Powered by MTB Multimedia.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Health

© 2023 ThePlateauJournal - Powered by MTB Multimedia.